Episode #85: Making Decisions
By Carla Reeves | August 11, 2022
The inspiration behind today’s topic comes from my own experience of living in the land of “I don’t know”. I used to sit on the fence of decision points and tell myself “I don’t know” – which would delay, stall, and cause me to miss and opt out of things in my life – and I can see now that most of the time it wasn’t because I didn’t know – I did know. I just didn’t have the courage to act.
In this episode…
- Learn a decision making framework
- Discover how to get beyond feeling like you don’t know
- Get inspired to get off the fence and choose intentionally!
Before we get into the resources for today’s episode, I want to share a few other things that might be of interest to you.
Support the Show!
Check out the Differently Merch! T-shirts, hoodies, coffee mugs & more!
Explore Coaching with Carla
If you need support making a big decision or would like help sorting through and organizing your own thoughts so that you can choose your next step, intentionally – schedule a call and explore how working together could help you navigate this important time in your life.
Resources for this Episode:
Here’s the decision making framework for you to try.
Grab a pen and paper and write your way through cloudy thinking and confusion. This simple exercise will help you set mental noise and emotion aside. Then, you can zoom in the action that best aligns with you.
6 Steps to an Aligned Action
- What are you grappling with? (A challenge, a problem, something you are trying to figure out.) Describe it with detail.
- What’s the “story” you are telling yourself about this challenge?
- Is there any untruth in what you are telling yourself?
- What is your ideal outcome in this situation?
- What action(s) align with your ideal outcome?
- Choose one and go!
Are we connected in all the places?
Connect on IG: https://www.instagram.com/carlasreeves/
Connect on LI: https://www.linkedin.com/in/reevescarla/
Connect on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/carlasreevesaz/